Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back to the Grind

I am now back at Fort Meade, MD. I was able to go home for a 4-day pass. It was really nice to be back home and spend time with my three girls! Lacey took a little while to warm up to me again. She even went as far as to not look in my direction on the way home from the airport. I kept tickling her leg and she started to laugh. Monday she was very clingy to me though. So, at least she remembers me. Hailey was excited to see me, which made me feel really good. She told me about how her first dance class went and all about her (now) 11 Webkins. I loved just spending time with my family again! But as it always does, time went by way too fast. Also, I got to see my newest niece, Marlee. (I hope that is spelled right) She looks just like her older brother. That's wierd too, to think of Griffin as an older brother. I even got to hold Marlee for a little while before she started crying. But I don't feel bad, because she won't even let her dad hold her without crying. We didn't expect to be able to see each other so soon, so we were just grateful for the time we were able to be together. Now I'm back, doing to whole Army thing. I'll be here till the end of the week. Then on to some more training at Fort Benning, GA. It might be hard, but totally worth it to prepare for deployment. Hey, anything to help me stay safer. I guess all I have left to say is that I adore my family and miss them so much already! Sharee will appreciate the quote this time...

Quote of the Blog:
I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
Rita Rudner

1 comment:

Smathers House of Girls said...

You are definitely the best at annoying me :) I wish you were still here. I wouldn't even mind waking up with only a tenth of the bed to lay on. It gives me a good reason to kick you! I love you!!!!