Friday, October 17, 2008

Leaving South Carolina

Well,
I have almost completely finished my reprocessing here at Fort Jackson, SC. I've been poked, proded, sleep deprived, and overstuffed during my two weeks here. All in an effort to make me into a soldier again. I've only been out for around 6 months, so I don't need as much retraining as some people here. I miss my family a lot, but I know that they are being taken care of, so at least I don't have to worry about that while I am deployed. Sharee is a fantastic Mom to our two girls, and I know they will be alright, and happy. I leave Ft. Jackson tomorrow morning sometime to head off to Ft. Meade, MD. That is where I learned to be a Broadcast Journalist before, so I am going back for a refresher training, for two weeks. From there I have no idea where or when I'll be going. Only that I will end up in Iraq. I've gotten past the "this sucks, I hate the Army" phase. I'm now in the "this is really happening so I better get ready" phase of mind. That is about all for right now. Hopefully I'll figure out how to add a few pictures, so I can show some of the things I've done here. I'll blog again as I get more information or something interesting happens.

1 comment:

Bill Smathers; Teri Smathers said...

Mom and I pray for you and your family daily.

We are so proud of you, Lawrence and Michael for you service to our country.

Love and blessings continually,

Mom & Dad