Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Moving along at DINFOS

I officially moved on to the Television portion of the refresher course here at the Defense Information School (DINFOS). We finished the radio portion this morning. It went much better than I was expecting. The last time I touched a radio sound board was the last time I was at DINFOS (over 4 years ago). It came back pretty fast. I wish our mission in Iraq was to run a radio station. It is a LOT of fun. So, anyway, we started T.V. today and will be done with that by mid-day Friday. I was doing TV only 7 months ago (when I was still active duty). The difference now is that we are learning a new editing system. When I first went through DINFOS I learned on AVID PRO, which is what I edited on the entire time I was in the Army. Now the Army is moving over to using Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. That is actually what the Mobile Public Affairs Detachment (MPAD) that we are going to in Iraq is editing on. So, we had the option of making it easier on ourselves and just doing everything at the school on AVID, but we figured we need to learn Adobe, so we might as well start learning now. It is easy enough (since we already understand how to edit using other systems) to learn this new one. When I get a chance, I'll read the manual and play around with it and know every aspect of it within a few months. After equipment turn-in on Friday, we will have a graduation ceremony (yes, just for the two of us). I guess some of the DINFOS big-wigs are going to come to it (It's a rare thing for people to come through as recalls). I guess that's it for new information. I was able to take a few pictures with my cell phone, so I'll add those as well. They are not good quality, but it's better than nothing. Before we go I am going to try to get real pictures of the sound booths, the radio station booths, and something from the TV side as well. Until then, these pictures will have to do.

This is DINFOS, from the front.



This is me at the front windows of DINFOS



Quote of the blog:
WHEN IN DOUBT, DON'T.
Benjamin Franklin

No comments: